Are You Looking For Exciting Illinois Getaways?
Exploring these Illinois getaways can help you plan the best trip for you and your family!
Any experience is right at your finger tips to help plan a romantic getaway or a getaway with the whole family. A trip in the state of Illinois will not disappoint!
When most people think of Illinois getaways they think of a
Chicago is a beautiful place to visit but there is so much more to Illinois than just a visit to the windy city.
Photo by digging90650Check out these exciting Illinois getaways!
Moline- The Quad City area is a great place to visit for a quick getaway! Here is some of the fun and exciting places to visit:
- The home of John Deer-Visit the John Deere Pavilion to explore some of the past and present equipment created at John Deere. Check out the John Deere Collectors Center along with picking up some souvenirs at the John Deere Store.
- Ride the beautiful Great River Trail on bike! My husband and I had a great day exploring this beautiful bike trail. The homes and river scenery are amazing while riding on this paved path. Remember to stop in Hampton at the Remember Ice Cream and Candy Shop for a tasty treat with great river views.
- The Celebration Belle River Boat is a great way to explore the Mississippi River with the river views.
- Remember that the
Illinois Great River Road
stops in Moline! (link)
- Moline is part of the Quad City area. Check out these other cities to help plan your getaway:
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- Davenport, Iowa
- Rock Island, Illinois
- East Moline, Illinois
Quincy- This is another beautiful spot on the Illinois Great River Road stop! Quincy is an amazing town to visit for its unique qualities. Check out some of these great spots to explore:
- Take the time to explore one of the 25-30 parks that this beautiful town has to offer.
- The awesome architecture located in Quincy is unbelievable! There is a reason that this city is referred to as the “Gem City”!
- Explore the beautiful historic 16th and Maine Street that was listed as one of the 10 most architecturally significant corners in the U.S. in National Geographic.
- Several beautiful museums are located throughout the city.
- The Gardner Museum of Architecture and Design
- The Governor John Wood Mansion
- Villa Katherine overlooking the Mississippi River
- The Quincy Museum located at 16th and Maine
- There are several nice hotels located within the city such as The Stoney Creek Inn or The Holiday Inn.
- Quincy is located just 30 minutes North of Hannibal, Missouri the home of so much Mark Twain and his exciting characters history. Hannibal is one of the stops on the
Missouri Great River Road
Harrisburg- Explore the Shawnee National Forest in Harrisburg. Here are some of the amazing stops in the area:
- Explore the Garden of the Gods- This area has sandstone formations with sites to see that are Devils Smoke Stack and Camel Rock.
- Rim Rock Recreational Trail and River to River Trail are great areas to explore.
- Stop at Pounds Hollow Lake Recreation Area to enjoy the outdoors or a start to your adventure!
- Also, experience Saline Creek Pioneer Village and Museum
- Stay at the Cave-in-Rock Lodge. There is a nice restaurant on locations!
Champaign- Visit this exciting college town! The University of Illinois brings in so many students that there is always activity around!
- Shop at the Market Place Mall
- Don’t miss out on watching a U of I game on your visit.
- Explore one or all of these great places:
- Krannert Art Museum and Kinhead Pavilion
- Orpheum Children's Science Museum
- Parkland Art Gallery
- Parkland Theatre
- Station Theatre
- In the Fall enjoy Curtis Orchard and Pumpkin Patch and Prairie Farm
- There are plenty of hotel to stay at but remember that if it is game day at University of Illinois you need to book ahead!
All of these areas in Illinois offer very different experiences!
The Prairie state is a wonderful place to explore and have a relaxing getaway experience!
I love exploring Illinois and all the beautiful places that this state has to offer.
Take advantage of all that Illinois getaways has to offer!
Return From Illinois Getaways To Midwest Weekend Getaways